Teacher Training

Find out more about teacher training and the different routes into teaching.

Teacher Training

Teaching is a graduate-only profession in the UK. If you are hoping to become a teacher, you will need to get a degree.

In addition, you will need Maths and English GCSE A* – C, or equivalent qualifications. If you want to teach primary or Key Stage 2/3 (ages 7-14) you will also need science GCSE, A*-C or equivalent.

Some colleges of further education have Access to Teaching Training or Higher Education Courses, which may include equivalency tests. Colleges include: Havering College , Southwark College,  The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL), Westminster Kingsway College, New City College (Tower Hamlets)

See the Upcoming Events links on the left hand side of the page for details of local information sessions on the different routes into teaching etc.

Teacher training in Newham – Shine Bright