<% Response.Expires = -1000 %>
shim shim shim
Newham Recruitment Strip



Teachers Trained in the European Economic Area (EEA)

Teachers qualified in the EEA with qualifications equivalent to UK teaching qualifications can access teaching positions in the same way as home-trained teachers.

Please also see the following files for further useful information or call the Teaching Line on 0800 389 2500:

Teachers from the EEA(pdf format).
Useful Contacts for Overseas Trained Teachers (pdf format)

Work Permits

Some Bulgarian and Romanians nationals might require a work permit to work in the UK for advice on Work Permits contact the UK Border Agency at


Useful links

National Academic Recognition Information Centre: www.naric.org.uk

UK Border Agency (The Home Office): www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk

Empowering Learning (free familiarisation courses for overseas trained teachers): www.empowering-learning.com

London Borough of Newham advises schools to work only with Supply agencies with the REC Quality Mark. Also check that the agency operates in London before registering.

The Refugees into Teaching Project
If you have refugee status and have either been a qualified teacher in your home country or would like to get training to teach in England, contact the Refugee Council on 020 7346 166 or email
RIT Website is www.refugeesintoteaching.org.uk

shim picture of a Teacher
shim LBN Picture
shim shim


Site Map